Using the Family Records
Almanac can be a major step toward gaining control over the vast amount
of information that is important to you and your family. The documents
you can download and print can serve as the basis for organizing and storing
important information and documents.
After printing the
pages of the Almanac, you may want to store them in a binder for convenience.
You may also wish to consider using plastic storage sleeves to hold the
documents that correspond to the information you record.
After reviewing the
Almanac pages, start gathering the information you want to enter and the
documents you want to keep. You may also wish to get other members of
your family involved in this process.
As you gather your
information, you may also find that you wish to include more items such
as a family tree or information on your pets.
It seems that our
lives continue to get more complicated and that we are overloaded with
information. Knowing what to keep and having an organized way of keeping
the things that are important is not always easy.
The Family Records
Almanac can make the task easier. Having your important information in
a central location can help provide the peace of mind knowing that you
can easily find what you need when you need it.
Information and History
- Family Birth and Social Security Information
- Passports, Driver Licenses & Other Travel Documents
- Family History
- Family Weddings and Other Important Ceremonies
- Education and Technical and Professional Certificates
- Military Service and Separation/Divorce
- Primary Accounts - Banks, Savings & Loans, Credit Unions
- Investment Relationships - Brokerage Accounts
- Investment Relationships - Mutual Funds
- Investments - Stocks & Bonds
- Other Investments or Trusts
- Retirement Plan Accounts
- Places of Safekeeping
- Life Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vehicle Insurance
and Other Property
- Real Estate
- Property You Rent
- Repair People
- Other Property
- Credit Cards
- Lines of Credit and Loans
- Accountant, Estate Planning Professional and Important Documents
- Frequent Flier Information
- Other Organizations